Government Takeover of Healthcare
The Administration and liberal leadership in Congress are ramming through nation-ending, liberty-usurping, and economically-bankrupting policies that violate the fundamental values on which this country was built. Now, they are at it again with their plan for government takeover of healthcare, which is nothing less than a declaration of war on American families, seniors, businesses, and taxpayers.
Government takeover of healthcare will require rationing services, denying lifesaving treatments, wait-lists for necessary care spanning months and even years, a loss in medical specialization, and stifling the innovation that makes our healthcare the best in the world. This takeover is estimated to cost our country more than $1 TRILLION, and even the director of the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) Douglas Elmendorf stated that rather than curbing expenses, the Majority’s health care proposal “significantly expands the federal responsibility for health care costs.” Additionally, an independent study conducted by the Lewin Group predicts that 114 million Americans will be forced out of their current healthcare coverage, and more than 4.7 million jobs could be lost as a result of taxes on businesses that cannot afford to provide health insurance coverage.
Furthermore, once the government controls, rations, and pays for healthcare, it will then have the right to monitor everything you purchase, eat, and physically do to see if it approves or if you should be punished for causing additional health risks. For the sake of this country’s future and progress, we cannot afford to go down this road. It is imperative that we seek true healthcare reform that re-establishes and protects the vital patient-doctor relationship, leaving healthcare decisions up to YOU and YOUR physician, and lets you keep the money you need to pay for it.
Please be assured that as you fight to make the voice of reason heard, I will continue to fight to preserve the liberty and free enterprise in Washington, D.C. Here are just a few ways that I am making known in our nation’s capital the common sense of East Texas residents like yourself:
· Cosponsor of H.Res. 615 - If Congress insists on forcing this healthcare abomination onto American citizens, then those who vote in favor of it should be required to step up and become the first customers of the disastrous government program they have created.
· Signer of Let Freedom Ring’s Responsible Healthcare Reform Pledge - I refuse to vote in favor of a health care reform bill that has not been given an appropriate amount of time for personal review by both Members of Congress and American citizens. I will oppose any legislation that lets the federal government snatch power and control away from patients and their doctors.
· Promoting Better Solutions through my Patient-controlled Healthcare Protection Plan: The healthcare plan that I recently unveiled empowers patients and gives you access to quality, timely, and affordable healthcare coverage you need, deserve, and control. It also ensures that seniors have complete control over their healthcare decisions and the costs are covered.
· Speaking Out in Congress and on National TV: Here are videos of just a few statements I’ve made on the House floor and to national audiences via CSPAN:
- VIDEO: Gohmert: Government Takeover of Health Care is War on Small Businesses and Workers
- VIDEO: Gohmert: Let Patients Control Health Care, Not Government
If you’d like to make sure Washington gets the message that you don’t want government bureaucrats and insurance companies taking over your healthcare, you can:
· Call Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid through the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121 or call President Obama at (202) 456-1111 to tell them you want the government to stay out of decisions that should be made between you and your doctor. You can also send emails, letters, and faxes.
· Get friends, family, and your local community involved by encouraging them to contact their Representatives and Senators. Organize local events or petitions to raise public awareness.
· Contact media outlets, like talk radio, newspapers, or TV stations, and pressure them to talk about the threat government-takeover poses to individual control of healthcare.
· Encourage support for opponents of elected officials who vote for socialized healthcare.
We must persevere and stand up against this threat that quite literally affects the lives of every American. Keep the faith, and keep fighting, writing, and calling until all of Washington gets the message, and a majority there, once again, represents the principles on which this great nation was founded.
May God bless you, and may God continue to bless America.